DPC2008 Announcement and CFI
February 21st, 2008 by Ivo
I'm proud to announce that we're organizing another edition of the Dutch PHP Conference, with the help of the great people at Zend. It will be in Amsterdam on June 13 and 14 this year.
Last year we organized it for the first time, and based on feedback from our visitors we have made several changes to this years event:
- We now have 2 days instead of 1 (1 tutorial day + 1 conference day).
- Last years event was sold out way too early so we increased capacity (still, don't wait too long to get tickets ).
- A new website with more relevant information, which will be updated regularly as we move closer to the conference. The new site is at www.phpconference.nl.
- We only fixed part of the program, and visitors can help finalize it (more on that below).
- The conference will be in English, because we had more visitors from abroad than we had expected last year.
So far, we already have been able to attract great names from the PHP community such as Zeev Suraski, Marco Tabini and Sebastian Bergmann. More will be added as we get closer to the conference.
To finalize the schedule, we want to do something different. Instead of the more common 'Call for Papers' where speakers can submit their talks, we're doing a 'Call for Ideas', where we want to hear from our visitors (or potential visitors) who they would like to see at the conference, or which topics they would like to hear about. We can't guarantee availability of speakers of course, but we'll try to match the requests as close as possible. Enter your ideas at the box in the bottom right of the website.
Oh, and for those who were present last year, this time we have a dedicated internet connection for speakers and a redundant beamer.
I hope to see you all in June!