Seven Things – Tagged by Matthew
January 3rd, 2009 by Ivo
Oh, the horror.
When chain letter writers discovered email, we quickly dubbed it spam and ferociously flamed everyone that would send us one. Now that they've discovered blogs, apparently we call it 'the first blog phenomenon of 2009'? Damn you for starting this Tony Bibbs!
But oh well, I can't refuse a tag by Matthew. So let's see if I can find 7 people that haven't been tagged yet.
Here's 7 facts you may or may not know about me:
- The fist time I wrote PHP code was while studying the PHP manual when Ibuildings offered me a job. This was in november 1999. I was the sixth person to join Ibuildings (although many think I am one of the founders; I'm not, but I am one of the current owners).
- My fist web scripting experience was writing a mini CMS and template engine called 'PSP' in Perl in 1997, together with Tom Schenkenberg (who later ditched Perl and founded Ibuildings).
- I once set myself goals in the form of "5 Major Todo's" I would have to accomplish in my life. These are, in increasing complexity:
- Learn to play guitar (my gf bought me 'Guitar for Dummies' but I haven't really touched a guitar yet)
- Drive a motorcycle (I've been thinking about taking lessons)
- Write a book (Done! but now replaced by a todo to write a novel)
- Run my own company (I founded epointment.com before Google Calendar existed but didn't act quickly enough, so I consider this still a todo).
- Appear in the end credits of a major motion picture
- I collect Penguins (plush, porcelain, whatever). I have about 200, by coincidence none of them is a Tux. It makes me an easy person to buy gifts for.
- I founded my own religion. It's not really a religion, but it's fun to be able to say that.
- When I was a small boy, I wanted to become an astronaut, an architect or a designer of Lego sets. I became interested in computers when mum got one for work (I think it was an AT or XT and I remember being confused by the "Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail" question it so often asked me; I still do not know what difference it made). My first own machine was a Commodore 64.
- I've never touched drugs (if we don't count alcohol). The fact that some of it is legal in Holland does not mean that everybody does it (contrary to popular belief). Nor did I ever own wooden shoes.
Those are my seven things. And here are the people I tag:
- Felix de Vliegher, for his involvement in the Dutch and Belgium PHP communities (and to make it more difficult for Stefan and Michelangelo to find 7 people to tag ).
- Remi Woler, one of my favourite PHP developers at Zend.
- Beth Tucker, Editor in Chief at php|architect, as a payback for her giving me crazy deadlines
- Mikko Koppanen, author of the PHP Imagick extension and one of my coworkers in the UK.
- Shahar Evron, product manager and smart guy at Zend
(yeah, that's only 5, but we're running out of people to tag way too fast )
And here are the rules I'm supposed to pass on to the above bloggers:
* Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
* Share seven facts about yourself in the post - some random, some wierd.
* Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
* Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.