January 27th, 2007 by Ivo
The phpthrowdown competition has officially started. Our timeslot actually began 4 hours ago, but we started roughly 2 hours ago (just couldn't get myself to get up at 6 am on a saturday ).
So far, we've been defining the application we're going to build, been designing a data model, importing our framework into the repository, and we're currently starting the actual coding.
We have a team of five:
- Almer Kaasschieter, our graphical guru who will design the gui
- Jasper van der Hulst, our productmanager, who will be coaching us, write docs and oversee the functionality
- Guido van Biemen, programmer
- Yury Golovnya, programmer
- me (Ivo Jansch), also as a programmer
We've decided to create a small application for the automotive industry (to keep track of car models etc.)
I'll try to post updates to our progress as comments to this blog entry.
I would like to thank Elizabeth, who did a great job organizing this, and Bill, who runs the SVN server and has been very helpful so far in getting us started with the repository.